Skip to main content

The Future is Looking Brighter

My life has been really blah for a long time. Occasionally, I'd have a bad spell to mix things up a bit but there haven't been too many really good moments in the last 2 years. The universe has finally given me some much needed sunshine in my mostly dreary world. 

This morning I gushed to 2 friends about this incredible man that I met recently. He is everything I need and more. And yet he seems oblivious to what a catch he is. Every day he amazes me with his ability to be open, honest and vulnerable with me. His musical choices might be questionable but his taste in women is impeccable. 

One friend cautioned me to take things slow and not rush it. I appreciate her trying to protect my fragile heart. I appreciate that she wants me to make sure to build a strong foundation with him before we reach for the sky. 

The other friend said, “I think you have landed yourself quite a gem. 🥰 And I am fucking rooting for you both like you wouldn’t believe.” And I so appreciate him for recognizing that this man is different from all the rest. He recognizes that i need someone that is just as unique as me if I'm going to feel understood, connected and loved. 

The process of getting to know this beautiful man has already taught me some things about myself. He has opened my eyes to all the things that I need in a person that I thought were impossible to find. He has begun to renew my hope, quiet my mind, soothe my soul and to mend my heart. I really do want things to work out with him, but even if it doesn't, I am greatful that he came into my life. 

I am all in on this. Today, I realized that the only way for me to get out from under this cloud I have been living under is to move forward in my life, hand-in-hand, with the right person. I'm not going to let my inner voice convince me that this isn’t going to be worth it. No matter the long term outcome. 

And I'll just keep my fingers crossed that all our broken edges keep fitting together perfectly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attraction

Attraction is a complicated thing for me. Normally, I meet someone and as I get to know them, I find them more and more attractive. Because of this, I have dated all over the looks spectrum. Tall, short, big, small, dark, light, male, female, younger, older, etc. Maybe a handful of times, i have looked at someone that is so physically attractive to me, that I find myself staring.  More often than not, I date men. The reason for this is partially because of where I live. Another reason is that I find confidence very attractive and there is nothing more intimidating to me than a confident a woman.  The other night I was out at karaoke with friends. I saw a woman out of the corner of my eye. I immediately turned my head in her direction to see what exactly caught my eye. I can't even begin to tell you what was being talked about at our table at that moment because all I could hear was the blood rushing in my ears. I spent the rest of the evening trying not to stare. I tried to pa...

The Here and Now

The last few weeks have been a real eye opener about something that really challenges me: living in the here and now. I worry about the past repeating itself. I hope for an amazing future. But I cannot seem to just live today and be happy for what it is now. Most people who know me, think that I am either realistic or pessimistic. I don't think anyone has ever accused me of being overly optimistic. Since meeting Mr. Perfect-for-Me, that has changed. I began to imagine my world getting brighter because I had figured out how to love again. I began to feel less alone and more accepted by someone than I ever have before. Then, I began to imagine what our future might hold. That wasn't my first mistake and it most certainly won't be my last. If nothing else, there is one constant in my life; I make a lot of mistakes. Feeling this way and thinking this way, gave me the unrealistic expectation that maybe I had found someone I could spend a lifetime with. I forgot to consider wheth...

Three Months

 Another month has flown by. This time it was a bit of a rollercoaster for me. I have had some things going on in my life that have had me frazzled. When frazzled, I tend to unravel a bit and sometimes I unravel a lot. Life had been lobbing lemons at me for awhile now. That isn’t news to anyone that knows me well. Sometimes instead of lobbing them, they load them into a pitching machine and aim it directly at my head. Last month, a particularly juicy lemon was sent speeding my way. I tried to catch it. I tried to block it. I tried getting out of the way. Unfortunately, it hit me square in the head and I have spent the last couple weeks reeling. Mr. Perfect-for-me has been amazing through it all. He listens to me talk (almost non-stop) as I process everything. And more importantly, when I’m overwhelmed with emotions and can’t talk, he just holds me while I hurt. He doesn’t give me advice unless I ask for it. He doesn’t make useless suggestions like “just stop worrying.” He is patien...